Best Banana Bread
Recipe by Andros Nutritious Delicious
- 2 level tbsp milled golden flaxseeds
- 100g pot Nutritious Delicious Natural
- 500g ripe bananas, about 4 medium
- 125g dairy free spread
- 175g light muscovado (brown) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 255g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 100g roughly chopped, toasted pecan nuts
- 115g golden syrup
- 1.Heat the oven to 160C, 140C fan, gas 3. Lightly grease and base-line a 1kg loaf tin with baking parchment.
- 2.Stir the flaxseeds into the Nutritious Delicious and set aside. Mash the bananas until quite smooth.
- 3.In a medium bowl, beat together the spread, sugar and vanilla paste until smooth and creamy. Stir in the Nutritious Delicious mix and the bananas.
- 4.Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well until everything is evenly blended.
- 5.Spoon the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 1 hour.
- 6.After 1 hour, turn off the oven, cover the top of the bread with a sheet of foil, and leave in the oven for a further 30 minutes. Cool in the tin for 20 minutes before slicing.
Wrap the cooled loaf in baking paper and foil and keep in a cool corner of the kitchen or in the fridge. Keeps well for up to 1 week.
For a richer toffee flavour use half light and half dark Muscovado (brown) sugar.