Cauliflower and Sage Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Recipe by Andros Nutritious Delicious
- 125g dried macaroni pasta
- 250g small cauliflower florets
- 50ml soya milk
- 2 x 100g pot Nutritious Delicious Natural
- 125g mature, Cheddar-style, vegan cheese alternative
- 30g grated Parmesan-style, vegan cheese alternative
- 75g chunky, fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage or rosemary
- 1 tbsp dairy-free sunflower spread, melted or olive oil
- 1.Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, gas 6. Cook the macaroni in a large pan of boiling, salted water for about 7 minutes. Add the cauliflower and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes until both are tender.
- 2.Drain the pasta and cauliflower and return to the pan with the milk, Nutritious Delicious and all but 1-2 tbsp of the cheeses. Stir until the cheese has melted and taste for seasoning. Spoon into one or two ovenproof dishes.
- 3.Mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic, sage, melted spread and reserved cheese. Scatter over the top of the macaroni mixture. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and crunchy.
Put a layer of fresh spinach leaves over the base of the dish before spooning on the hot macaroni mixture.
There are many vegan ‘cheese’ options, we used Asda FreeFrom Mature Cheddar alternative and Violife alternative to Parmesan, which is in most major supermarkets.