Chocolate Fudge Brownies with Whipped Peanut Frosting
Recipe by Andros Nutritious Delicious
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 x 100g pot Nutritious Delicious Natural
- 125g self-raising flour
- 75g ground almonds
- 50g cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 130g dairy-free chocolate, roughly chopped (see below)
- 80g dairy-free spread
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 50g light soft brown sugar
- Whipped Peanut Frosting (see our recipe)
- 1.Heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- 2.In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed with the Nutritious Delicious and set aside for 10 minutes until spongy.
- 3.Put the flour, almonds, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl and stir together well.
- 4.In a medium pan, over a low heat, melt together the chocolate, dairy-free spread, vanilla and 60ml of water. Off the heat, add all the sugar and stir until smooth and shiny.
- 5.Spoon into the dry ingredients with the flaxseed mixture and stir well until thoroughly combined. The mixture will get quite thick.
- 6.Spoon into the prepared tin, level off and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until just firm to the touch on top.
- 7.Cool the brownies in the tin then cut into squares. Serve with a pot of chilled Whipped Peanut Frosting.
There are many vegan chocolates to choose from, we used a 50g block of Willie’s Cacao Luscious Orange mixed with an 80g bar of Moofree rice milk bar. Both available from major supermarkets.
Ground flaxseed is available from major supermarkets.